5. With all the excitement surrounding Lover At Last, I feel like I've been neglecting JR Ward's next Fallen Angel release, Rapture. I'm really excited about this one, especially to see the aftermath of the Bad Thing that happened with Eddie in the last book. She has put up a little video teaser on her Facebook page, which I have tried valiantly --an unsuccessfully-- to embed for the past hour. If you want to see, click the screen grab and it will link you out.
Rapture releases September 25.
P.S. Ward has now posted the first line of Lover At Last: "Now THAT is a motherf**kin' whip!" Be still my heart.
4. I know I have been bombarding you with squee about the upcoming Styxx book for weeks now --and I swear this is the last time I am going to talk about it (until I talk about it again.) The book blurb is out!!
Just when you thought doomsday was over…
Centuries ago Acheron protected the human race by imprisoning an ancient evil bent on absolute destruction. Now that evil has been unleashed and it is out for revenge.
As the twin to Acheron, Styxx hasn’t always been on his brother’s side. They’ve spent more centuries going at each other’s throats than protecting their backs. Now Styxx has a chance to prove his loyalty to his brother, but only if he’s willing to trade his life for Acheron’s.
Bethany was born to set right the wrong that left her family imprisoned for eternity. Now that she’s out, nothing will stop her from fulfilling the bargain that freed them. She must take the life of the last remaining Atlantean and she will not fail. But things are never what they seem and Acheron is no longer the last of his line.
Styxx and Acheron must put aside their past and learn to trust each other or more will suffer.
Yet it’s hard to risk your own life for someone who once tried to take yours, even when it’s your own twin, and when loyalties are skewed and no one can be trusted, not even yourself, how do you find a way back from the darkness that wants to consume the entire world? One that wants to start by devouring your very soul?
I love, love, love that Kenyon is writing this book. Even if I have to wait until next year. In the meantime, for League fans, SK has posted an excerpt to Cloak & Silence on her website. That's out in December.
3. I'm sad to say that I am late to the Moira Rogers party. I just read my first book from them a few weeks ago, and now I must make up for lost time. I am almost finished with the Bloodhounds series and I have Impulse and Wild Card loaded on the Nook, ready to read. If you, too, want to get your Moira Rogers fix, it's a great time. Wild Card is free on Amazon! Anyone want to do a read-along?
Free + hot sex = Happiness (Words to live by, my friends.)
2. NBC has ordered 10 episodes of a new Dracula drama, starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Generally, this would be the time I would trot out one of those pictures I am not supposed to post. Instead, let's watch Jonny-boy on YouTube together.
Now let's pretend he has fangs. It's being produced by Carnival Films & Television... the folks behind Downtown Abbey. I am intrigued. Which means it will no doubt be canceled in about five minutes.
1. For a minute, it looked like Matt Bomer was the man for the 50 Shades movie. At least, this Entertainment Weekly cover seemed to be the real deal. (I am crying over the fact that I can't post it right here.) However, the photo has been debunked as a hoax.
I have to admit... they had me convinced. I am so easy. I think I would watch it if Bomber were cast.